Prayers & Articles
- Pandemic Hope - A Family Devotional for Life During Covid-19
- oremus Bible Browser
- Christianity Offers No Answers About the Coronavirus. It's Not Supposed To
- A Prayer to God in Anxious Times
- Pandemic: The Church's Response through History
- Living in Plague Times
- Daily Meditations by Richard Rohr
- The PCUSA Daily Prayer App: provides brief services for Daily Prayer based on the Presbyterian Book of Common Worship.
- The d365 daily devotional site: written especially for youth and young adults.
- Pray As You Go: a daily prayer session, designed to go with you wherever you go, to help you pray whenever you find time.
Race and Faith
Places to Start
- Race Matters/Matters of Race Film Discussion Group
This Film Fellowship Group meets once a month on the first Monday, 7:00-8:30 p.m. Contact the church office for more information.
- Anxious to Talk About it: Helping White Christians Talk Faithfully about Racism by Carolyn Helsel
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- Ted Talk- How to Raise a black son in America
- The Next Question a video web series about racial justice
- John Lewis — Love in Action - The On Being Project
Resource and Reading List
Resources for Speaking with Children
- Raising White Kids: Bringing up Children in a Racially Unjust America by Jennifer Harvey
- The ABCs of Diversity: Helping Kids (and Ourselves!) Embrace Our Differences by Carolyn Helsel and Y. Joy Harris-Smith
- Reading List
Resources for Youth
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack - a tool to help identify white privilege.
- Teach Us All - A documentary on Netflix about the segregation of schools in our society today
- Race in America – Veggie Tales creator Phil Vischer explains a history of race in America.
- Just Mercy – A film about civil rights lawyer Bryan Stevenson, based on its book.
- Coming Together: Standing Up to Racism – a Sesame Street town hall on racism for all ages!
- Selma - Recounting the story of MLK Jr marching for equal voting rights.
- Dear White People – A series on Netflix about students of color navigating life at an Ivy League college.
- Code Switch - An NPR podcast where journalists of color discuss race.
- Yo, Is this Racist? - Two people of color listen to and discuss voicemails from listeners explaining situations that could include racism.
- The Daily - A New York Times News Journalists interviews journalists from all over New York City about daily events in the news of our country.