Prayers & Articles
- Pandemic Hope - A Family Devotional for Life During Covid-19
- oremus Bible Browser
- Christianity Offers No Answers About the Coronavirus. It's Not Supposed To
- A Prayer to God in Anxious Times
- Pandemic: The Church's Response through History
- Living in Plague Times
- Daily Meditations by Richard Rohr
- The PCUSA Daily Prayer App: provides brief services for Daily Prayer based on the Presbyterian Book of Common Worship.
- The d365 daily devotional site: written especially for youth and young adults.
- Pray As You Go: a daily prayer session, designed to go with you wherever you go, to help you pray whenever you find time.
Race and Faith
Places to Start
- Race Matters/Matters of Race Film Discussion Group
The "Race Matters" film discussion group will next meet on Monday, October 5 at 7 p.m. We will discuss Daniel Petrie's Raisin in the Sun (1961), starring Sidney Poitier and Ruby Dee. The film is based on Lorraine Hansberry's play of the same name, the first play by an African American woman to be performed on Broadway.
Join in Film Discussion
- Anxious to Talk About it: Helping White Christians Talk Faithfully about Racism by Carolyn Helsel
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- Ted Talk- How to Raise a black son in America
- The Next Question a video web series about racial justice
Resource and Reading List
Resources for Speaking with Children
- Raising White Kids: Bringing up Children in a Racially Unjust America by Jennifer Harvey
- The ABCs of Diversity: Helping Kids (and Ourselves!) Embrace Our Differences by Carolyn Helsel and Y. Joy Harris-Smith
- Reading List
Resources for Youth
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack - a tool to help identify white privilege.
- Teach Us All - A documentary on Netflix about the segregation of schools in our society today
- Race in America – Veggie Tales creator Phil Vischer explains a history of race in America.
- Just Mercy – A film about civil rights lawyer Bryan Stevenson, based on its book.
- Coming Together: Standing Up to Racism – a Sesame Street town hall on racism for all ages!
- Selma - Recounting the story of MLK Jr marching for equal voting rights.
- Dear White People – A series on Netflix about students of color navigating life at an Ivy League college.
- Code Switch - An NPR podcast where journalists of color discuss race.
- Yo, Is this Racist? - Two people of color listen to and discuss voicemails from listeners explaining situations that could include racism.
- The Daily - A New York Times News Journalists interviews journalists from all over New York City about daily events in the news of our country.