Ministry Coordinator for Care and Stewardship
Scope and Purpose
The Ministry Coordinator for Care and Stewardship provides primary administrative support for the following ministries of the church: Property (facilities), Finance, Personnel, Stewardship, and Trustees. The Ministry Coordinator also provides primary administrative support for the church’s Session and Deacons, as well as the Pastor. The Ministry Coordinator for Care and Stewardship assists with general administrative support and tasks that contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of the church office.
- Commitment to own faith and supportive of the mission statement of Second Presbyterian Church, “Sharing the grace of God with one another and the world around us.”
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Professional, positive, and personable demeanor, congenial and hospitable manner, and open and empathetic to people experiencing crisis.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstration of collaboration and teamwork.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and demonstration of confidentiality in work.
- Basic computer skills, including email and internet, Microsoft Office suite, and a willingness to learn new skills as needed.
The primary goal of the position is to foster a collegial and supportive work environment that reflects the Christian faith, and to assist in the operation of the church office. The primary responsibility of the Ministry Coordinator for Care and Stewardship is to provide administrative support for the Pastor, Session, and Deacons, as well as assist the Property, Stewardship, Finance, Personnel committees, and the Board of Trustees with their work.
- Provide administrative support for the Session as prescribed by the Pastor and Clerk of Session.
- Support the Pastor and Associate Pastor for Community Life in organizing pastoral care of the congregation in conjunction with the Clerk of Deacons.
- Provide administrative support for the Personnel Committee in their work with the employees of the church according to PCUSA personnel policies and procedures.
- Support the Stewardship Committee and Board of Trustees in organizing stewardship campaigns and events.
- Support the Finance Committee by providing administrative support in organizing the annual budget process known as MAP (Ministry Action Plan) in collaboration with the Bookkeeper.
- Support the Property Committee in collaboration with the Church Administrator in maintaining the Church Calendar for the use of the building by outside groups.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Pastoral Staff and Personnel Committee.
The position is non-exempt, full-time at 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday during regular Church office hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required with compensatory time offered for work-life balance or overtime. Includes full benefits package through the PCUSA Board of Pensions, including health, disability, life, and pension/403(b) match eligibility.
The Ministry Coordinator for Care and Stewardship reports to the Associate Pastor for Community Life. The position is accountable to the Session through the Personnel Committee.
Contact to Apply
Rev. Rich Gianzero
Interim Associate Pastor