Associate Pastor for Community Life
Second Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time associate pastor for our 1000+ member congregation. This leader will be a key component of a pastoral team dedicated to accomplishing our mission of sharing the grace of God with one another and the world around us. Their primary responsibilities include overseeing congregational care, diaconate efforts, fellowship, and outreach ministry as well as preaching several times per year and assisting with special services. The associate pastor will also be supervising property management and technology support staff.
We pray for someone who:
- Has 2–5+ years of experience as a minister of word and sacrament;
- Possesses a strong relationship with God that they share easily with others;
- Engages in a people-centered approach in all aspects of church life;
- Has an eagerness to learn, understand, and guide others in the Word of God;
- Embraces teamwork and seeks to work collaboratively with the church staff, session, committees, and congregants;
- Is an effective communicator, both in small groups and in worship;
- Loves people and relates to them in a way that expands both the outreach and mission of the church;
- Is compassionate, empathetic, and able to deal effectively with difficult situations or conflict;
- Is able to develop relationships with all age groups, which is key in growing and retaining church membership;
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the Bible;
- Possesses strong project management skills, which are important in supervising our church property and technology staff;
- Is comfortable in multi-tasking and remains flexible in the face of changing situations or circumstances.